02 March 2013

inspired: robyn "dancing on my own"

After initially being turned off by HBO's Girls I decided to give it another shot. Not only did I develop an appreciation for a show that is about a group of characters that I dislike the majority of the time (Shoshanna being the exception) but I realized what makes it intriguing is the fact that they aren't very good people, not at this point in their lives. The characters make questionable decisions, they don't treat one another well all the time, most of them struggle in life, and it makes them unlikable in a lot of ways, but it also makes them real.

Characters, plot, production, all those good things aside I have to say one of my favorite things about the show is the soundtrack. One Spotify user has created a playlist featuring all of the songs from the show and it is awesome! This afternoon I'm working on a few things for the blog and I'm listening to Robyn's "Dancing On My Own." The track was a single in 2010, but the first time I ever heard it was on Girls (S1, E3 if you're curious.) While I won't be the first to say the song isn't a happy one, I will be honest and say that it's helping me get a few things done on this grey, snowy afternoon, including inspiring a few posts for the upcoming week. You can check out the song below:


Is anything inspiring you on this Saturday afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment